Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

Teenage Angst and Big badass robots




Plot Summary: 12,000 years have passed in this world, the story of Apollon and Sylvie have become a children's story called "Skies Of Aquaria". The "Abductors" Invaders from Altea come to Earth with only one purpose, they invade to harvest humans. DEAVA the Aquaria Academy exists to train men and women to use Aquaria, but they cannot ever merge because of Guize stones, these block an "unholy union" between genders. The story follows Amata and Mikono in their enrollment into DEAVA, and fight the Abductors.






Look mommy! I'm flyiiiing! 
So, after deciding among the plethora of anime that I still need to watch I ended up watching AQUARION EVOL. I watched this show just because I like the art style of the anime and the anime in general. This anime is the sequel of the 2005 anime series called Sousei no Aquarion (ENG: Genesis of Aquarion). It’s got a lot of teen angst, romance and badass robots, just the perfect formula for any anime. Please take note that I am being sarcastic. Although, that's not to say that I dislike the anime. I actually really like it, both the Original and this sequel.


The first episode of the anime is an hour-long that combines the first and second episode. 
B-but why? </3
The anime starts off pretty normal albeit a bit jarring since there's a lot going on. We’re treated to a quick glimpse of how Amata Sora (Male protagonist) meets Mikono Suzushiro (Female protagonist). Afterwards Amata and Mikono end up being caught up in an attack by enemies called Abductors. Wanting to protect Mikono, Amata releases his power of levitation (even though he has a complex about it) and ends up summoning forth the super robot Aquarion.


(^This is fluffy wuffy ^)


I ended up watching 4 episodes of this anime just so I could get the feel of it. It's pretty nice. In my opinion, the art of this series definitely improved from its predecessor. The anime has a lot of humor in it and the character Zessica Wong is definitely a piece of eye-candy for the boys. Romance seems to play a big role in this whole series, I mean, since episode 1 Amata's only done miraculous things thanks to Mikono's fluffy-wuffy-ness. Also, in episode 4 Head Commander Fudo Zen forbade students from falling in love. What's that all about? :o



I definitely like seeing the variety of personalities that the main cast has, although, Mikono's a little bit of a crybaby in the first episode of the anime. Anyway, other than that I’m definitely staying tuned for updates for this Anime, just because I like the Original, the art, robots and the OP/ED sequence.  Basically everything. Still waiting on the story though, since, at this point it's still a bit predictable.

Here's the trailer for the anime to get a quick preview of what the hell I'm talking about. :3



0 comments:

Post a Comment